Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Anderson's

Two days and three nights we spent in the Anderson's yard. We were close to the garage so that we had electric and Frank offered us water but we had some in our tank.
We were supposed to receive our RV mattress at the Anderson's address, since it never made it to our house.

The first day Joan and I went shopping to the Apple store and Joan bought herself an Ipad 3. Then we went on to a Barnes & Noble and I received a shock of my summer, seeing paperbacks at $15.00. Our lunch at "Slices" of calzones with peppers, onions and peppers was excellent and we came back and got 2 more for guys for dinner.

The next day got even better and we went shopping again to Hobby Lobby and a fabric store. That night St. Joseph's Catholic Church hosted the Russian Orthodox Church's choir group "Lyra". They sang church music and some folk songs and sounded like angels. The acoustics in the church are phenomenal. The echo lasts 7 seconds. The church was built in late 1800's for $100,000. It is one of the most beautiful churches I've seen in US.

The mattress never made it to Joan's house and I filed a charge dispute with my bank.

The Anderson's hospitality is heartwarming and I didn't want to leave since Joan had more books I wanted to see and Joan could have used several more lessons with the Ipad. May be on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment