I don't know why I wanted to stop in Quilcene, WA. Mainly, they had a county park with a campground right in town. Little did I know there is not much of a town. With a population of 600 there wouldn't be any boutiques to shop in. There was hardly a grocery store whose main business was cigarettes, beer and lotto.
So for lack of something to do we went in search of the waterfront and a marina. We found a little marina with about 5 RV sites next to a huge oyster processing facility that took up most of the waterfront. On our way back we saw some kids looking over this little bridge on to what looked like a stream that turned out to be Little Quilcene River. "Stop The Car", I yelled to Vov and opened my window. "Any fish in there?" I asked one of the kids. He said plenty at which time I got out of the truck, mainly to see if the kid was lying.
Well, he wasn't.
So for lack of something to do we went in search of the waterfront and a marina. We found a little marina with about 5 RV sites next to a huge oyster processing facility that took up most of the waterfront. On our way back we saw some kids looking over this little bridge on to what looked like a stream that turned out to be Little Quilcene River. "Stop The Car", I yelled to Vov and opened my window. "Any fish in there?" I asked one of the kids. He said plenty at which time I got out of the truck, mainly to see if the kid was lying.
Well, he wasn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment